Monday, April 6, 2009

A Family is Forever


We saw our daughter's picture for the first time on February 2, 2004. I was teaching PreK and knew that the there was a good chance we would be getting a call that day. I left soon after the children went home and was driving when my cell phone started ringing. I answered and pulled over so I could talk and try to write down the details before calling Erik. He was in his office so got to see her picture as we were talking on the phone. We were both so happy to know that Gou Ke Di was waiting in Guangxi, China for us!
We met her on April 4, 2005 in the Lottery Hotel in Nanning. This weekend marked our fourth anniversary of that special day, known as "Gotcha Day" or "Family Day". We celebrated by going out to dinner at the Empress of China II.

1 comment:

Lori Lynn said...

It seems like yesterday. The memories are so vivid and clear!

Congratulations on your Forever Family Day with Ellie! I better get to posting about Chloe as well. Pearl's birthday got in the way this year.

Lori W